AFSCME LOCAL 101
NOTICE OF OFFICER
NOMINATIONS AND ELECTION
The following Local 101 officer positions are up for nomination for election. Each position serves for a two year term:
- Vice President
Nominations will be taken from the floor during the November Local 101 meeting on 11/20/14. Dues paying members from any of the chapters of Local 101 in good standing can make a nomination or run for office.
In addition, nominations for president, vice-president, recording secretary, treasurer and trustees shall be taken at all chapter meetings in the month of November, or by petition signed by at least (5) members in good standing. All nominations, whether by petition or from the floor of the November chapter meeting, shall be received at the local office (1150 North First Street, Suite 101, San Jose, CA 95112) no later than November 20th at noon. The election of the president, vice-president, recording secretary, treasurer and trustees shall be held by mail and ballots counted at the general membership meeting in January in accordance with the standards set forth by Appendix D of the International Union Constitution and the AFSCME Local Union Election Manual. The balloting shall be secret and ballots shall be retained in a safe place for one year. The candidate receiving a majority of the votes cast for that office shall be declared elected. All elected officers shall take office immediately.
The Local 101 Constitution can be found here.
Please contact the Local 101 Election Committee if you have any questions.
Paul Prange (MEF) firstname.lastname@example.org
John Henry (Morgan Hill) Jkhenry@yahoo.com
Andy Paul (MEF) email@example.com
If you are also a dues-paying member of AFSCME MEF, AFSCME MEF is currently accepting nominations to fill the ten Director positions representing members in the following City Departments:
- 1 Director representing members who work at the Airport and Transportation Departments.
- 1 Director representing members who work in the following departments: a) Convention, Arts, and Entertainment; b) Fire; and, c) Planning, Building, and Code Enforcement.
- 1 Director representing members who work at the Environmental Services Department and the Pubic works Department.
- 2 Directors representing members who work in the Parks, Recreation, and Neighborhood Services Department.
- 2 Directors representing members who work in the Police Department.
- 2 Directors representing members who work in the Library Department.
- 1 Director-at-Large representing members who work in departments not listed above.
Each position is a two-year term. You may only nominate an MEF member from the Department where you work. Nominations may be made by U.S. Postal Service (sent to the AFSCME Local 101 office: 1150 North First Street, Suite 101, San Jose, CA 95112) or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include your name, department, and the name of the person you are nominating for your nomination to be valid. The deadline for mailed or emailed nominations to be received by the Election Committee is Wednesday, October 29th 2014 at 12 noon.
A special general membership meeting will be held on Thursday, October 30, 2014 from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm at City Hall in room T550 for purposes of receiving nominations for MEF Director elections.
If necessary, election ballots will be mailed out in early November.
MEF Election Committee